Primary sources on Ancient Civilizations
It surprises me when I hear my classmates say, “There aren’t any primary sources of Ancient Civilizations! Ugh, I am going to fail this essay!”
I always suggest students to use the resources given to them at school. If you have a problem finding sources for your paper, always ask your teacher first.They’re there to help you. So are the librarians at school. Use them. They have more experience than any search engines, especially in the hands of those who don’t know how to use Google.
That being said, search engines are a good way to start your research. Here are a few links about Ancient Civilizations that may help you when writing your paper.
- Internet Ancient History Sourcebook: Egypt
- Primary Sources of the Old Kingdom
- Ancient History, Ancient Egypt
- Duke Papyrus Archive
- History of Greece: Primary Documents
- Greece Web Sites
- Ancient Greece
- Internet Ancient History Sourcebook: Greece
- Primary Sources for Ancient Greece
- Internet Ancient History Sourcebook: Rome
- Rome Web Sites
- Rome in the First Century AD
- Ancient Rome
- Sources for Roman History
Remember to always think about what type of website you’re getting your information on and who wrote it. The information might be truthful and relevant but won’t be much help if you don’t get them in the right sources.